[Coral-List] Status of Coral Reefs of the World: 2008

Clive Wilkinson clive.wilkinson at rrrc.org.au
Wed Jun 18 01:16:18 EDT 2008

Dear Listers

A week ago, we asked for data and information to include in the Status
2008 report. I received more than 60 replies with valuable data from all
over the world: Timor Leste, Anguilla, Vanuatu, Madagascar, Somalia,
Qatar, Majuro, Wakatobi (Indonesia) etc. Many of these will be new
observations for locations not reported in previous Status reports.

*       If you have data or information - please reply.

*       If you have stories of events (positive and negative) since
2004, please pass these on. We can include separate boxes of interesting
coral reef news.

*       If I did not reply, please remind me.

This exercise illustrates the value of Coral-List; it links the coral
reef world to exchange information about coral reefs.

So a special thanks to Jim Hendee and his team in NOAA for keeping this
running - THANKS?

Cheers

Clive

Clive Wilkinson, Global Coordinator

Global Coral Reef Monitoring Network

c/o RRRC, PO Box 772

Townsville, 4810 Australia

Tel: +61 7 47212699; Fax: +61 7 47722808

e-mail: clive.wilkinson at rrrc.org.au; www.gcrmn.org