[Coral-List] Acanthaster planci outbreak in the Philippines

David Wheeler davidwheeler at doctors.net.uk
Tue Jun 24 04:35:53 EDT 2008

I did some 20 recreational dives in Sogod Bay in Southern Leyte, Western
Visayas in October/November 2006 and saw only the occasional /A.
planci./  As an old Coral Cay hand I observe more closely than the
regular recreational diver and would certainly have noticed a "plague".
Sogod Bay is relatively isolated, being long and narrow and the coral is
generally in reasonably good condition.  CCC is still active in the area
- has Pete Raimes any comment to offer?   I shall email the local dive
operator and see if he can offer any observations.

David Wheeler