[Coral-List] New Coral Reproduction Global Review

Peter Harrison pharriso at scu.edu.au
Fri Jun 27 00:39:02 EDT 2008

Colleagues,

I am completing a new Global Review of Coral Reproduction and am
collating a global database on coral reproduction topics as part of
this new review.

This new review will update the previous comprehensive global review
of this topic by Harrison and Wallace 1990 (> 360 citations):

Harrison, P.L. and Wallace, C.C. (1990). Reproduction, dispersal and
recruitment of scleractinian corals. Chapter 7. In: Z. Dubinsky
(Editor), Coral Reef Ecosystems, Ecosystems of the World Vol. 25. pp.
133-207.  Elsevier Science Publishers, Amsterdam.

and a more recent overview of coral reproduction in the Coral Reef
ecology review chapter by  Harrison and Booth 2007:

Harrison, P.L. and Booth, D.J. (2007). Coral reefs: naturally dynamic
and increasingly disturbed ecosystems. Chapter 13, pp. 316-377. In
S.D. Connell and B.M. Gillanders (Editors) Marine Ecology, Oxford
University Press, Melbourne, 630 pages.

I have most papers on coral reproduction and many on related topics,
but am keen to ensure that all relevant papers are used in the
review, so if you have publications on any aspects of coral
reproduction and related topics that you feel would be of use please
either email me pdfs of the papers, or email me the references and
I'll cross-check against my publications database.

Likewise, if anyone would like copies of my review chapters or
related papers on coral reproduction please email me and I'll send
the pdfs.

An overview of the global summary will be presented at 11th ICRS on 8 July.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Peter
--
Associate Professor Peter Harrison, PhD
Director of Marine Studies SCU
E-mail: peter.harrison at scu.edu.au
International Phone: 61 266 203774   International Fax: 61 266 212669