[Coral-List] Macroalgae in the Keys

Jim Hendee Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov
Fri Jun 27 18:07:06 EDT 2008

   Yo, Team,
        Let's  just remember that we're all passionate about coral reefs,
   and  it's  easy  to take offense when somebody says you don't help our
   precious resource in the proper way.  I can not see how somebody could
   have,  say, a sinister motive in what they do to help the coral reefs;
   they  just  might  not  do it the way you would if you had the chance.
   Some people have the advantage or authority to do something you can't,
   and sometimes some people have better ideas than those people; but the
   fact remains that we all have to keep the prize uppermost in our minds
   and try to work with each other.
        So, now that everybody has had their chance to politely blast the
   other publicly, can we make sure we tone things down a little and come
   back  toward  merely  stating  those  rather  dry and less emotionally
   charged  facts?   We  don't want to make enemies here, we want to make
   friends and colleagues for "the cause!"
       Thanks...Jim