[Coral-List] Job Posting: Programme Manager with Project Seahorse, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Sarah Bartnik poppabass at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 17:56:54 EST 2008

Project Seahorse (www.projectseahorse.org) is an interdisciplinary and
international organisation committed to conservation and sustainable use of
the world's coastal marine ecosystems. We engage in connected research and
management at scales ranging from community initiatives to international
accords. Our academic home is the Fisheries Centre at the University of
British Columbia.

We have an opening for a Programme Manager.

Half of the responsibilities are operational, ensuring that we execute our
research and conservation activities effectively, with a particularfocus on
financial and project management.

Half of the responsibilities are programmatic, providing research and
technical input to our fellows, students, and staff.

You will facilitate and support research, rather than leading it.

You should have:

• proven ability to function independently to a high professional standard
• a PhD in a biological or environmental science (possibly social sciences
if related to conservation) or equivalent proven research competency
• at least two years of postdoctoral or work experience (preferably in
practical conservation).
• experience in developing countries and/or other complex cultural settings.

A complete description of the position and the required qualifications can
be found at www.projectseahorse.org/ProjectSeahorsePM2008.pdf . This
full-time position is
initially a one year appointment, with strong potential for renewal.

Please send a cover letter and your curriculum vitae to Ms. Chloe Shen (
c.shen at fisheries.ubc.ca)

Deadline: Thursday, 31 March 2008 or until post filled.

The position will be based at the University of British Columbia.

"UBC hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. We
encourage all qualified persons to apply"