[Coral-List] ICRS-related CARRUS Workshop cancelled

John McManus jmcmanus at rsmas.miami.edu
Thu Mar 20 13:09:06 EDT 2008

Due to difficulties in finding a sponsor for coordination activities, we
will be delaying the onset of the CARRUS Alliance. Thus, the CARRUS Workshop
on Sunday July 6, just prior to the ICRS, has been cancelled.

The CARRUS Alliance (Comparative Analysis of Reef Resilience Under Stress)
will ultimately be the realization of several workshops and international
agreements over a 35 year period. Its aim will be to coordinate specific
studies among long-term interdisciplinary reef research programs currently
ongoing around the world so as to facilitate understanding coral reef
science and management via the comparative approach.

Efforts will continue to find a sponsor.

Sincerely,

John

John W. McManus, PhD

Director, National Center for Coral Reef Research (NCORE)

Professor, Marine Biology and Fisheries

Coral Reef Ecology and Management Lab (CREM Lab)

Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS)

University of Miami, 4700 Rickenbacker Causeway, Miami, 33149

jmcmanus at rsmas.miami.edu      http://ncore.rsmas.miami.edu

 Phone: 305-421-4814   Fax: 305-421-4910

  "If I cannot build it, I do not understand it."

              --Richard Feynman, Nobel Laureate