[Coral-List] legislation live coral trade

delphi22 at gmx.de delphi22 at gmx.de
Tue Mar 25 18:47:36 EDT 2008

Dear coral-listers,
I am a student working on a project about the live coral trade, and part of my review is on legislation covering this industry. Besides the obvious CITES agreement I am aware of the EU Wildlife Trade Act, which aims to enforce the application of CITES in Europe and has banned the import of a number of coral species in the past. Is there similar legislation in force in the US? I only found information about a Coral Reef Task Force but am not sure what came out of the recommendations issued by this group in the end? And how about the other major importers such as Japan, Canada, Singapore, Hong Kong?
Thanks very much in advance for your help!!
Delphine