[Coral-List] White spined diadema

andrew ross andyroo_of72 at yahoo.com
Sat May 10 10:13:48 EDT 2008

The white spines seem to appear in deeper water and in animals that are on their own/at lower population densities, so low-vis/low light make sense. Phil Dustan has photos from about 10-15m in a deep groove that show white spines from '72 in Montego Bay, so pre-'83 die-off.
I've not seen a paper on this, sorry.