[Coral-List] Hawksbill turtle predating on corals

Camilla Floros cfloros at ori.org.za
Wed May 14 02:18:11 EDT 2008

Hi David

Several years ago while diving at Sodwana Bay (South Africa), I saw a
hawksbill feeding on soft coral like it was candy floss (if I remember
correctly it was a Sarcophyton). The turtle ate at least a third of the
colony with great 'relish'. I haven't as yet observed turtles feeding on
hard corals.

Camilla

Today's Topics:

   1. Re: Hawskbill turtles predating corals (William Allison)
   2. Re: White spined diadema (Martin Moe)
   3. Re: White-spined Diadema antillarum (Barbara Whitman)
   4. Re: Coral bleaching in the western pacific warm pool. (Mark Eakin)

Message: 1