[Coral-List] Coral reef 'curios'

Elizabeth Wood ewood at f2s.com
Tue May 20 07:46:50 EDT 2008

Dear listers,

We are currently re-investigating the collection of coral reef species (molluscs, hard corals, sponges, echinodems, fish etc) for the curio/souvenir trade with a view to producing an updated review and conservation guidelines. There is relatively little published information on the curio trade, but we suspect that there may be a good deal of grey literature and would be very interested to hear about this.

We are looking for published or unpublished information on fishery and socio-economic aspects, legislation, impacts, value etc etc and would be glad of reports, data and observations that people are willing to share.

Please respond to this e-mail address rather than the coral list and we will make available the completed review and guidelines asap.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you,

Liz Wood and Sue Wells

Dr Elizabeth Wood,
Coral Reef Conservation Officer,
Marine Conservation Society,
Hollybush, Chequers Lane,
Eversley,
Hants RG27 0NY
email: ewood at f2s.com
01189 734127

www.sempornaislandsproject.com

The Marine Conservation Society (MCS) is
the UK charity dedicated to protecting
our seas, shores and wildlife.

Please join us - visit our website at www.mcsuk.org

Reg Charity No (England and Wales) 1004005
Reg Charity No (Scotland) SC037480
Company Limited by Guarantee (England & Wales) No: 2550966
Registered Office: Unit 3, Wolf Business Park, Alton Road, Ross-on-Wye HR9 5NB
VAT No. 489 1505 17

(ends)