[Coral-List] lionfish invasion in the Atlantic

Brad Baldwin bbaldwin at stlawu.edu
Sat May 31 18:55:40 EDT 2008

Hi Folks,
Sorry if this has already been discussed but just came back from a
field class trip on San Salvador in the Bahamas and found plenty of
lionfish there. Although its an amazing fish, it would sure be nice to
eradicate it. I work on invasive freshwater inverts and fish and so
realize this will be very unlikely. However, I would love to hear what
you folks think about efforts to control it, its documented ecological
impacts, and safety issues related to working in its new turf. I'll
search websites for this as well but always find your feedback helpful.
Thanks, Brad