[Coral-List] Caribbean fish abundance data

Rogers, Alice a.rogers07 at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Nov 26 09:41:18 EST 2008

Hi all,

I'm a PhD student from London studying recovery dynamics of Diadema
antillarum. I'm hoping to use the extensive knowledge of the list to
find out where best to access abundance data for both predatory and
herbivorous fish species in various Caribbean locations for recent
years? I'm looking to make comparisons between fish abundance and urchin
recovery so I'm not really looking for detailed species-specific data,
more general abundance data that represents the level of fishing
pressure at different locations. I'm particularly interested in numbers
for Jamaica, US virgin islands, Barbados, Florida Keys, Curacao,
Bonaire...

Any help in the right direction would be much appreciated

Regards

Alice Rogers

PhD student

Division of Biology