[Coral-List] Saudi Reefs

Alan E Strong Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 5 13:25:35 EDT 2008

Hi David,

http://coralreefwatch.noaa.gov/satellite/current/experimental_products.html

Try Coral Reef Watch's recent updates to our satellite-derived virtual
stations...now covering the Red Sea!

Cheers,
Al Strong

Medio, David said the following on 9/5/2008 8:47 AM:
> Dear all,
>

> Does anyone have recent info regarding Saudi reefs at two sites in the
> Red Sea: Jizan (about 500 kms south of Jeddah) and the area about 80-100
> kms north of the same city. I would imagine Yousef (Fadlallah) might
> have up to date information?
>

> I was recently just off the coast of Jeddah and dived in some very
> (still) pristine reefs.
>

> Thanks
>

> David
>

> Dr David Medio
> Principal Environmental Scientist
> Halcrow Group Ltd, Arndale Centre, Otley Rd, Headingley, Leeds, LS6 2UL,
> UK
> tel: switchboard +44 (0)113 2208220, direct line: +44 (0)113 220 8253,
> mobile: +44 (0)773 919 0968
> fax: +44 (0)113 274 2924   email: mediod at halcrow.com
> <BLOCKED::mailto:mediod at halcrow.com>              www.halcrow.com
> <BLOCKED::http://www.halcrow.com/>
> _______
>
> Halcrow   Sustaining and improving the quality of people's lives
> ____ __
> P Please do not print this e-mail and attachments unless absolutely
> necessary
>

> Visit our website at http://www.halcrow.com
> <BLOCKED::http://www.halcrow.com/>

> The contents of this email are confidential, for the sole use
> of the intended recipient at the email address to which it has
> been addressed and do not give rise to any binding legal
> obligation upon Halcrow companies unless subsequently confirmed
> on headed business notepaper sent by fax, letter or as an email
> attachment. Whilst reasonable care has been taken to avoid virus
> transmission, no responsibility for viruses is taken and it is
> your responsibility to carry out such checks as you feel
> appropriate. Emails supplied are as found and there's no
> guarantee that the messages contained within the body of the
> email have not been edited after receipt. If you receive this
> email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete
> the message from your system.
> Thank you.
>
> Halcrow Group Limited. Registered office: Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green
> London, W6 7BY. Registered in England and Wales, Number 3415971.
> -
>

> Visit our website at http://www.halcrow.com
> The contents of this email are confidential, for the sole use
> of the intended recipient at the email address to which it has
> been addressed and do not give rise to any binding legal
> obligation upon Halcrow companies unless subsequently confirmed
> on headed business notepaper sent by fax, letter or as an email
> attachment. Whilst reasonable care has been taken to avoid virus
> transmission, no responsibility for viruses is taken and it is
> your responsibility to carry out such checks as you feel
> appropriate. Emails supplied are as found and there's no
> guarantee that the messages contained within the body of the
> [...]

**** <>< ******* <>< ******* <>< ******* <>< *******
Alan E. Strong, Ph.D.
NOAA Coral Reef Watch, Senior Consultant
...with AJH Environmental Services...
NOAA Coral Reef Watch Program
  e-mail: Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov

E/RA31, SSMC1, Room 5305
1335 East West Hwy
Silver Spring, MD 20910-3226
301-713-2857 x108               Fax: 301-713-3136
Cell: 410-490-6602