[Coral-List] Re-sending: More Central American Project Opportunities

Steve LeGore slegore at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 5 13:16:03 EDT 2009

I am resending the following as a plain-text message:

CHIEF OF PARTY, Central America
ARD, Inc. (http://www.ardinc.com) is accepting expressions of interest from qualified Chief of Party candidates for leadership of a USAID-funded coastal and marine resources management program in Central America.  This position will provide long-term technical and financial direction/oversight to the project throughout the 5 year implementation period.

Duties:
An ARD Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for overall program management and has primary responsibility for ensuring that project activities achieve the anticipated results. The COP will:
--Coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the project’s overall field strategy;
--Be the principal link between ARD, USAID, and other development partners;
--Provide overall guidance to subcontractors and grant recipients;
--Provide expertise for quality assurance and quality control over all activities and deliverables; and
--Provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program.

Requirements:
--Advanced degree (Masters level or higher) in an environment-related subject, preferably coastal or marine resources management;
--A minimum 10 years international development experience as well as 10 years supervisory experience;
--Demonstrated project management, grants management, activity coordination and subcontract administration experience;
--Ability to work effectively with a wide range of collaborating partners including national, regional, and local government offices; private sector organizations; community based organizations; NGOs; and funding clients;
-- Extensive knowledge of USAID operational procedures;
-- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and communication skills;
-- Outstanding ability to share knowledge and experience, identify and disseminate best practices, and work in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams;
-- Professional-level proficiency in both English and Spanish.

To apply:
Please e-mail full, current CV in reverse chronological format to kblodgett at ardinc.com , or fax to K. Blodgett at 802-658-4247. Please refer to job code “Central America COP” in the subject line.  Candidates meeting the qualifications detailed above will be contacted. No phone calls, please.

ARD, Inc. is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations—in the US and overseas.  We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce.  We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups.  ARD, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.

DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY, Central America
ARD, Inc. (http://www.ardinc.com) is accepting expressions of interest from qualified Deputy Chief of Party candidates for leadership of a USAID-funded coastal and marine resources management program in Central America.  This position will provide long-term institutional direction/oversight to the project throughout the 5 year implementation period.

Duties:
--Assist COP with project management;
--Supervise and oversee sub-contractors;
--Responsible for institutional capacity building;
--Conduct performance assessments to identify legal and institutional needs;
--Foster public-private partnership alliances to secure leveraged funds;
--Assist client institutions in developing short- and long-term development plans for conservation and sustainable use.

Requirements:
--Advanced degree (Masters level or higher) in economics, social sciences, administration, or the environment;
--A minimum 10 years international development experience as well as supervisory experience in positions of increasing responsibility;
--Demonstrated project management, grants management, activity coordination and subcontract administration experience;
--Strong academic or work experience in fisheries management, preferably with rights-based mechanisms for resource use;
--Ability to work effectively with a wide range of collaborating partners;
-- Professional-level proficiency in both English and Spanish;
-- Previous USAID experience preferred;

To apply:
Please e-mail full, current CV in reverse chronological format to kblodgett at ardinc.com , or fax to K. Blodgett at 802-658-4247. Please refer to job code “Central America DCOP” in the subject line.  Candidates meeting the qualifications detailed above will be contacted. No phone calls, please.