[Coral-List] FW: Montastraea spawn in Keys last night

Szmant, Alina szmanta at uncw.edu
Wed Aug 12 16:02:22 EDT 2009

Forward of an email I got today,  I am in PR and we did not go out this month as our samples from last week were not ready.  But Caribbean corals tend to go earlier in the year the farther N we go.  If anyone else saw spawning this week it would be great to know.

Thanks,

Alina Szmant

Dr. Alina M. Szmant
Professor of Marine Biology
Coral Reef Research Program, Center for Marine Science
University of North Carolina Wilmington
5600 Marvin K. Moss Lane
Wilmington NC 28409
Tel:  (910)962-2362; fax: (910)962-2410;  cell:  (910)200-3913
http://people.uncw.edu/szmanta