[Coral-List] fish hunting in Taiwan

Terrence Lee 李晨光 bobo.xny at msa.hinet.net
Thu Aug 13 11:37:09 EDT 2009

Hi, everyone~
Last week I went to dive at a small island that at the southeastern
and 14 km away from Taiwan(part of our territory, of course Taiwan is
a small island too, but is much much bigger that that one).
It's beautiful diving site, beautiful soft corals, stony coral reefs
and other marine creatures... I even thought it's much beautiful than
those around Florida Keys and Key West where I had ever lived for
three months.
But I felt something odd... no fish!! Correctly to say, there is no
big fish, even bigger than 15 cm is rare to see...
I asked the local protector( and is the diving tour shopkeeper), he
said it's because of fish hunting! sad~
There is no regulation here to prohibit fish hunting except some
specific areas, and even though this area is protected by relative
laws or regulations, it is still hard to enforce prohibiting fishers
from illegal fish hunting, no matter those fishers are local or come
from other places.

KEEP WALKING, KEEP SINGING
KEEP LAUGHING, KEEP FIGHTING
Terrence Lee