[Coral-List] City/Coral Analogy

Alex Brylske brylske at aol.com
Thu Dec 3 11:46:50 EST 2009

Thanks for the kind words, Abigail. The program you attended was part of my dissertation research exploring the efficacy of analogy-based learning.. As I stated before in another post, anyone who would like to get a copy, please contact me off-list (we're can't send attachments here). Using analogies effectively as a learning strategy isn't as straight- forward as it may seem. Depending on the audience, and their prior knowledge of the subject matter, it appears that it may actually be counterproductive in some cases. I'm curious: Where did you attend my course, Thailand, Red Sea, Caribbean or the US?

Alex Brylske

Alex. F. Brylske, Ph.D.
Professor, Marine Science & Technology
Florida Keys Community College