[Coral-List] Fwd: Special Issue of Oceanography on Ocean Acidfication

Mark Eakin Mark.Eakin at noaa.gov
Tue Dec 22 14:48:25 EST 2009

Note articles on ocean acidification impacts on corals (Cohen and
Holcomb) and coral reefs (Kleypas and Yates) and the monitoring of
ocean acidification from space developed by Dwight Gledhill.

Cheers,
Mark

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Richard Feely <Richard.A.Feely at noaa.gov>
> Date: December 19, 2009 11:40:57 AM EST
>
> Subject: Special Issue of Oceanography on Ocean Acidfication
>
> The December special issue of Oceanography magazine:
>
> December 2009
> Volume 22, Number 4
> Special Issue on the the Future of Ocean Biogeochemistry in a High-
> CO2 World
>
> is now posted online at:
>
> http://tos.org/oceanography/issues/current.html
>
> The articles are all open-access. The hard copies will be available
> in early January.
>
> There are several interesting articles by NOAA scientists including
> Pieter Tans, Dwight Gledhill, Rik Wanninkhof, Mark Eakin, Simone
> Alin and myself. As a special bonus, Barabara Ettinger and Sven
> Huseby have  provided a copy of their hit documentary, "A Sea
> Change" in each of the volumes.
> My congratulations to goes out to all of the authors and editors for
> making this outstanding volume of Oceanography magazine a reality.
> Many thanks goes to Kenneth Mooney for coordinating the financial
> support for this special issue.
>
> Merry Christmas to all of my good friends and colleagues,
>
> Richard Feely
C. Mark Eakin, Ph.D.
Coordinator, NOAA Coral Reef Watch
Center for Satellite Applications and Research
Satellite Oceanography & Climate Division
e-mail: mark.eakin at noaa.gov
url: coralreefwatch.noaa.gov

E/RA31, SSMC1, Room 5308
1335 East West Hwy
Silver Spring, MD 20910-3226
301-713-2857 x109                   Fax: 301-713-3136
301-502-8608 mobile

"The danger posed by climate change cannot be denied.  Our
responsibility to meet it must not be deferred."
Barack Obama, Sep. 23 2009