[Coral-List] impact of snorkelers feeding fish

Delbeek, Charles CDelbeek at calacademy.org
Thu Dec 24 11:06:40 EST 2009

Just a quick search on Google scholar unearthed these papers on the impacts of tourists feeding fish in Hanauma Bay, Hawaii.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V9R-44B2BV8-2&_user=2267567&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000056812&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=2267567&md5=207f40b5d43be2da045cf77af81d5782

http://muse.jhu.edu/login?uri=/journals/pacific_science/v058/58.2beukering.pdf

http://www.jstor.org/stable/4314719

As I mentioned, the work is out there, just do a search. :-)

J. Charles Delbeek, M.Sc.
Senior Aquatic Biologist, Steinhart Aquarium
California Academy of Sciences
55 Music Concourse Dr.
San Francisco CA 94118

phone (415) 379-5303