[Coral-List] subject: funding science outreach

Tim Wijgerde t.wijgerde at coralscience.org
Mon Feb 2 06:56:43 EST 2009

Dear all,

you have may noticed our science outreach website
entiteld Coralscience.org (www.coralscience.org, Mozilla FF optimized),
which aims to communicate marine sciences to a large public.

Our efforts are currently greatly impaired by a lack of funding. We need
funding for acquiring publication rights, hiring professional science
journalists/editors/webmasters, running high-capacity servers and even
produce short videos.

I have probed the net a little to find
grants which may lead to funding for our project, but I have not been that
successful. Does anyone know ways , or specific grants, which I could
employ/write in order to obtain some funding in the near future? We run
this project through a non-US based company.

Your help would be
greatly appreciated,

Yours sincerely,

Tim