[Coral-List] looking for coral samples from Gilbert Islands

mikhail matz matz at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 5 11:27:55 EST 2009

Hello colleagues,

In the nearest future I am hoping to start the project on coral
connectivity in Micronesia (Palau, FSM, Marshalls, Marianas), using
Acropora millepora and A. hyacinthus, with 20+ microsatellite loci
for each. One problem remains: to address the degree of genetic input
from outside my main study area, I need samples of these two species
from  Indonesia and Gilbert Islands. I was lucky to find people
willing to collaborate on the Indonesian side of the region, but
Gilberts are still a problem. Perhaps some of you have samples from
there, or plan to go there for fieldwork within the next couple of
years?

cheers

Misha

Mikhail V. Matz
University of Texas at Austin
Integrative Biology Section
1 University station C0930
Austin, TX 78712
phone 512-992-8086 cell, 512-475-6424 lab
fax 512-471-3878
web http://www.bio.utexas.edu/research/matz_lab