[Coral-List] Two new papers of value for managers

Albert Norstrom albert at ecology.su.se
Wed Feb 11 08:39:46 EST 2009

Dear coral-list,

Although we wouldn't normally advertise papers on coral-list, we felt
that this is a great avenue to reach managers and those with poor access
to electronic journals.
We have two new reviews out in Coral Reefs and Marine Ecology-Progress
Series; one that reviews the concept of reef resilience and comes with
suggestions of empirical indicators of coral reef resilience, and a
second paper that reviews the evidence for multiple alternative states
on coral reefs, other than macroalgal states, and discusses the
implications this could have for management.

The MEPS paper is Open Access and can be found at:
http://www.int-res.com/articles/meps_oa/m376p295.pdf
<http://www.int-res.com/articles/meps_oa/m376p295.pdf>
The Coral Reefs papers can be found at:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/y736137635618158/

Otherwise, you can email me for copies of both papers.

Best regards,
Albert Norström

--
Albert Norström