[Coral-List] bleaching and acidification

Szmant, Alina szmanta at uncw.edu
Fri Feb 20 11:26:19 EST 2009

Actually, they did lots of pH, TA and TCO2 measurements, and their major point was that at high pCO2 (ameriorating competition between photosynthesis and calcification) that nutrient enrichment did not decrease coral growth.

Dr. Alina M. Szmant
Coral Reef Research Group
UNCW-Center for Marine Science
5600 Marvin K. Moss Ln
Wilmington NC 28409
Tel: (910)962-2362 & Fax:  (910)962-2410
Cell:  (910)200-3913
email:  szmanta at uncw.edu
Web Page:  http://people.uncw.edu/szmanta