[Coral-List] NOAA Bleaching hotspot data needed

Aaron Hartmann achartma at ucsd.edu
Wed Feb 25 16:58:00 EST 2009

Dear Listers:

I am currently working with a group of students in a project to assess the
factors that increased the severity of the warming even of 1998 and would
like to use environmental data such as Degrees of Heating weeks or
bleaching hotspots for 1998-1999. We have been looking in the internet and
all we find in climatologies starts in 2000. I wonder if you know if such
database is available for 1998-1999 and if so where? We found a nice
image in the World Resource Institute of the bleaching hotspots for 1998
but the the raw data, I mean a raster or HDF file, was not provided (see
link below). Any input will be much appreciated.

Thanks for your attention,

Camilo

Camilo Mora, Ph.D.

http://earthtrends.wri.org/maps_spatial/maps_fullscale.php?mapID=207&theme=1

SCRIPPS Institution of Oceanography; University of California San Diego; San
Diego, USA; Phone: (858) 822 1642
http://cmbc.ucsd.edu/People/Faculty_and_Researchers/mora/
And
Department of Biology; Dalhouisie University; Halifax, Canada; Phone:
(902) 494 3910
http://as01.ucis.dal.ca/fmap/people.php?pid=53