[Coral-List] Sharpnose Puffer

Longin Kaczmarsky solonnie at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 1 15:09:23 EST 2009

    Having been in the water almost daily for 14 years (1986-2000) and recording my observations on St.Croix, I had seen similar sudden, localized, periodic and sometimes unprecedented (at least over 14 years) large population increases/pulses of juveniles in a number of reef organisms (e.g., queen triggerfish, Diodon, Burrfish, red hind, coney, blackfin snapper, angelfish, reef squirrels, Diadema, anemone shrimp, tonguefish, even rusty gobies) that generally slowly disperse (and/or are consumed) and I concur with Dr. Ogden's explanation.
   Longin Kaczmarsky   Florida International University> From: will at bayislandsdiver.com> To: Coral-List at coral.aoml.noaa.gov> Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:42:51 +0000> Subject: [Coral-List] Sharpnose Puffer> > Hello> > > > I was wanting to post about the huge population increase I have noted in the> waters of Roatan Honduras. As a full time dive instructor here for the last> five years the last six months I have observed an increase of 300-400% in> the abundance of this fish.> > > > Anyone know why or what it may indicate?> > > > Regards> > > > Will Welbourn, Course Director and Director of Roatan Marine Park> > > > _______________________________________________> Coral-List mailing list> Coral-List at coral.aoml.noaa.gov> http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/mailman/listinfo/coral-list