[Coral-List] SPPI Report

RainbowWarriorsInternational southern_caribbean at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 17 14:37:34 EST 2009

Dear listers,

I have read the SPPI report, and have some questions.

Is this report the first one of its kind to venture this "ThermoSolarStat" concept and this ridiculous notion that the planet keeps the ocean temperature fluctuating between 28 and 30 degrees, or plus or minus one (1) degree the threshold temperature for corals?

This other issue is even more ridiculous, this "symbiont shuffling hypothesis", and then the suggestions that climate change and sea level rise are "beneficial" for coral growth.

The most outrageous point however is the CO2 increase and increasing acidification of the oceans not harming corals.

After reading the report I would to get a shortlist of articles and reports that refute all these allegations.

An important question remains, for which audience was this report published and to whom has it been distributed, and where has it been commented on the media?

In my organization we do not have marine biologists readily at our disposal as full paid staff, so when the time comes that we must debunk bad science as well, we depend on others.

For practical purposes, has anyone ever bothered to make a listing and keep it updated on bad marine biology science as related to global warming climate change etc.?

I am almost sure of the fact that our opponents have a fully updated reference list of climate change-alarmist literature and actors in this field.

It is important to know your opponent.

Milton Ponson, President
Rainbow Warriors Core Foundation
(Rainbow Warriors International) Tel. +297 568 5908
PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
Email: southern_caribbean at yahoo.com Web Sites: http://www.southerncaribbean..org   http://www.rainbowwarriors.net (Global)
http://www.projectparadigm.info

To unite humanity in a global society dedicated to a sustainable way of life