[Coral-List] Fish to eat and fish not to eat

Lockwood, Bonnie bonnie at mbari.org
Wed Mar 4 14:20:22 EST 2009

Hi All,

Below is additional information from the Monterey Bay Aquarium, which should be most helpful.

Thank you,

Bonnie Lockwood

Program Manager and Researcher

National Ocean Economics Program

7700 Sandholdt Road

Moss Landing, CA 95039

(831) 775-1844; FAX (831) 775-1620

bonnie at mbari.org <mailto:bonnie at mbari.org>

www.mbari.org <http://www.mbari.org>

WE VALUE THE OCEANS

Seafood Watch does produce a regional version of our pocket guide for Hawaii. It can be downloaded from our website (here <http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/cr/cr_seafoodwatch/content/media/MBA_SeafoodWatch_HawaiiGuide.pdf> ) or ordered in larger quantities (here <http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/cr/cr_seafoodwatch/download.aspx> ). You'll also find our new sushi guide and the other regional pocket guides we have available.

Seafood Watch partners help us distribute our pocket guides in their areas and in Hawaii, we currently have three partners doing so:

*	Maui Ocean Center, Wailuku, HI <javascript:openNewWindow('http://www.mauioceancenter.com/home.html','popup','popup',780,580,'scrollbars,toolbar,resizable,location')>
*	Pacific Whale Foundation, Wailuku, HI <javascript:openNewWindow('http://www.pacificwhale.org','popup','popup',780,580,'scrollbars,toolbar,resizable,location')>
*	Waikiki Aquarium, Honolulu, HI <http://www.waquarium.org/>

Seafood Watch is always looking for additional partners to assist with distributing pocket guides and helping spread the word about ocean-friendly seafood. We also welcome feedback and input about any of our recommendations or scientific reports, both of which can be found on seafoodwatch.org for all species that we include on our pocket guides.

Hearing input from HI is especially important since there is so much fish caught and consumed there and never enough on-the-ground research opportunities for Seafood Watch staff. I welcome any and all questions or concerns at the contact info below.

Sheila Bowman

Seafood Watch Senior Outreach Manager

(831) 647-6871

Sbowman at mbayaq.org