[Coral-List] Semi-reefy job

Michael Risk riskmj at univmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Thu Mar 19 09:55:39 EDT 2009

Good day.

This is not specifically a coral reef job opportunity, but it's close,
and my logic was many of the people who might be interested in this job
would be subscribers to this -list.

RPI is a well-established environmental/coastal consulting company
working out of Columbia SC.

http://www.researchplanning.com/index.html

(I have worked with them before, they are good people.)

They have been awarded a 3-year contract to study the effect of oil
spills on the Gulf coast of Saudi Arabia, and long-term rehabilitation
prospects. For reasons which escape me, they want me to manage parts of
the field program.

They seek someone, or several someones, to run the surveys. Work will
be out of a compound in Saudi, or over the causeway in Bahrain. RPI's
policy is that their employees in-country get trips out every 3 months,
to places of their choosing. I assume the money is good-I don't know.

The ideal candidate would have familiarity with intertidal ecology,
carbonate sediments, statistics. Perhaps someone with an MSc, looking
to collect data for a dynamite PhD...it's open.

At the end of the 3 years, both sides willing, RPI would be looking to
add this person to their permanent staff in SC.

CV's to me, please. We are looking to hire in the immediate future.

Mike Risk
Marine Ecologist
PO Box 1195
Durham Ontario