[Coral-List] deep-water stocks

Rom Lipcius rom at vims.edu
Tue May 5 16:02:50 EDT 2009

Some colleagues and I are working on a project to estimate abundance
of deep-water stocks of spiny lobster, queen conch, grouper, hamlets
and black coral in the Caribbean and Florida. By deep water I mean
from about 25-50 m water depths. I've come across only a few
publications documenting deep-water stocks of these species, and am
concerned that I'm missing some of the peer-reviewed and grey
literature on this topic. Does anyone have any suggested documents or
publications on this issue? Thanks.

Rom Lipcius

Romuald N. Lipcius
Professor of Marine Science
Virginia Institute of Marine Science, The College of William & Mary
1208 Greate Road, Gloucester Point, VA 23062
804-684-7330 (office), 804-684-7254 (fax), rom at vims.edu
http://www.vims.edu/fish/faculty/lipcius_rn.html

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice there is." Yogi Berra