[Coral-List] scleractinia coral species list - Caribbean

Ernesto Weil eweil at caribe.net
Fri May 8 09:12:52 EDT 2009

Apologies for cross-posting, apparently the message I sent yesterday did not
go through.

For a review of the diversity of shallow scleractinian corals of the
Caribbean for the Census of Marine Life (CoML), we are compiling all the
existing information on species presence/absence (zooxanthellated and
non-zooxanthellated) found in shallow waters (0-40 m) in the wider
Caribbean. Even though we have information from many localities already, we
have not been able to find references or official/unofficial lists for the
following  localities to complement the information we now have:

Anguilla,

British Virgin Islands,

French Guiana,

B. Guyana,

Haiti,

Saba,

Suriname,

St. Bartholome,

St. Eustatius,

St. Maarten,

St.Vincent,

Grenadines,

Antigua,

Barbuda, M

onserrat,

St. Eustatius,

St. Lucia,

Turks and Caicos.

We would appreciate any help, personal or official lists, references, grey
literature, etc. that can be provided     coral-list at coral.aoml.noaa.gov

Thanks in advance,

E.Weil and Jorge Cortes

Dr. Ernesto Weil