[Coral-List] first report of a lion fish in continental Colombia - Granate

Valeria Pizarro valepizarro at yahoo.com
Thu May 14 17:22:22 EDT 2009

Dear coral listers,
Yesterday (May 13th) the first lion fish was spotted in the continental reefs of Colombia in the bay of Granate (near Santa Marta city). The observation was made by the marine biologist Juliana Gonzalez and the instructor Santiago Estrada.
Don't know if the discussion on how to deal with this invasion problem resulted in any specific actions but we have to start doing something if we don't want to see our reefs more deteriorated.
Kind regards,
Valeria Pizarro
Valeria Pizarro, PhDDocente TitularPrograma Biología MarinaUniversidad Jorge Tadeo Lozano, Sede Santa MartaCra. 2 No. 11-68, Edificio Mundo MarinoRodadero, Santa Marta, MagdalenaPBX: + 57 5 4229334valeria.pizarro at utadeo.edu.co