[Coral-List] Posting regarding DEET being detrimental to corals

West End Sandy Bay Marine Park roatanmarinepark at yahoo.com
Fri May 15 15:03:33 EDT 2009

The Roatan Marine Park has always informed its visitors  that they should not wear DEET and then enter the sea as it proves to be toxic and damaging for the reef and its inhabitants.
We are now being questioned and would like to provide people with scientific evidence to back our claims. Please provide us with links high lighting the detrimental effects that DEET had on corals, fish, crustaceans etc
Thank you

Roatan Marine Park

Promoting Research, Conservation and Education on Roatan