[Coral-List] PAM fluorometer question

shashank Keshavmurthy iamshanky15 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 3 07:36:39 EST 2009

Dear listers..

This question was posted on April 4th 2007 on this list by Jeremy Sofonia

below is the excerpt,
"My colleagues and I are currently preparing to use PAM - chlorophyll
fluorometry as a method of detecting potential sub-lethal affects to
Scleractinian corals.  In this, we may have up to 300 individual
colonies across multiple locations........

- Can anyone who is familiar with in situ PAM assessment provide a
suggestion on typical time requirements for dark adaptation?
- Is dark adaptation a requirement or can other levels of YIELD still
provide an good indication of photosynthesis, fluorescence, and/ or
coral stress?............"
I would like to know if anyone answered this question of this original poster?
Especially on the query that," Is dark adaptation a requirement or any other levels of yield can still provide an good indication of photosynthesis?

It would be a great help I could get answer to this question....I browsed the archives of Coral-List, but could not find the answer to this post or may be I missed it!!! or it may be that the original poster got the answer sent personally.....
Thank  you for your time and help
shashank
Whether our efforts are, or not, favored by life, let us be able to say, when we come near the great goal,I have done what I could - Louis Pasteur

Role of Infinitely Small in Nature is Infinitely Large - Louis Pasteur
Keshavmurthy Shashank
Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Dr. Chen's lab
Biodiversity Research Center, Academia Sinica (RCBAS)
128 Academia Road Sec. 2, Nankang
Taipei 115 Taiwan, ROC.
My WebPage: http://web.mac.com/coralresearch/iWeb/shashank/Welcome.html
Lab WebPage: http://coral.biodiv.tw/Default.aspx