[Coral-List] Epoxy or cement for transplanting coral.

Ivana Kenny ibmkenny at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 7 06:41:13 EST 2009

Hello,
I am currently, involved in a large scale (very large scale) coral relocation effort (dredge area for a cruise ship pier). I have qeuries about the impact of cement on corals. We are currently using epoxy, but this is very expensive and not very effective, for large colonies, finger corals, sponges and sea fans in the high swells we experience.
I would like to know what formulations of cement reduce the lime content or are most suitable?
As well as any suggestions or tips on transplanting coral reef organisms especially large sponges.
Ivana Kenny
Jamaica