[Coral-List] Sea Angels

Anders Knudby knudby at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 12:34:26 EST 2009

Wow Monika! Since when did the coral list become the site for airing your
personal misandrous views? I thought there were other places to do that....
As David illustrated nicely, sweeping statements about the genders are
almost always wrong, and they certainly have no place in a forum dedicated
to the advancement of knowledge.

John, my two cents: I like your working title, but the Christian mythology
also includes male angels, right? (often portrayed with swords, I guess even
angels are subject to stereotypes!) And I wonder, in a time where scientists
are struggling to get the general population to accept the theory of
evolution as scientific fact, whether it's a good idea to portray scientists
using the name of a mythological creature. As flattering as it may be, I
wonder how they will feel about it?

Anders

--
Anders Knudby, PhD
e-mail: knudby at gmail.com

Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original
dimensions.
~ Oliver Wendell Holmes