[Coral-List] Call for applications: Master of Marine Management, Dalhousie University

Elizabeth De Santo elizabeth_desanto at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 25 16:21:57 EST 2009

Apologies for cross-postings...

CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:

Master of Marine Management (MMM) degree

Marine Affairs Program, Dalhousie
 University

The Master of Marine Management (MMM) is a one year
professional, non-thesis and interdisciplinary graduate program designed for
students who want to address solutions for marine management problems with
interdisciplinary synthesis and integration through teamwork in research and
planning. The student body, approximately 20 per annum, comprises a remarkable
diversity of professionals and recent graduates from many backgrounds,
disciplines, and countries. Faculty members associated with the Marine Affairs
Program offer world class expertise from fifteen departments across two
university campuses, several federal government agencies, non-governmental
organizations, and private sector companies, all focused on the ocean, coastal,
and maritime sectors.  Among our many strengths is the international
nature of both our student body and faculty expertise.  The Marine Affairs
Program is based at Dalhousie University,
the premier university in Atlantic Canada as well as Canada’s
“Ocean University”
and the home of many internationally renowned researchers and award-winning
scholars.

Please visit our website for more information on our course
offerings and the Marine Affairs Program. Applications are due 31 January 2010 for fellowship
consideration, and 28 February otherwise:  http://marineaffairsprogram.dal.ca/

For background on Dalhousie, see the following link for a
virtual tour of the campus and academic life: http://www.dal.ca/virtualtour/

And for more on the Dalhousie experience and living in Halifax,
see the following informational video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVBz3wVZ_w

Please direct enquiries to our Administrator, Becky Field
at: marine.affairs at dal.ca  or:  +1 902
494 3555

Dr. Elizabeth M. De Santo

Assistant Professor of Marine Affairs