[Coral-List] Reminder - Availability of funding for the NOAA General Coral Reef Conservation Grants - 2010, US Domestic and Freely Associated States

Jennifer.Koss Jennifer.Koss at noaa.gov
Thu Oct 15 17:03:39 EDT 2009

Applications to the NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program, General Coral
Reef Conservation Grants (GCRCGP) for FY10 are due November 2, 2009 by
5:00 PM EST. This program provides funding to institutions of higher
education, non-profit organizations, commercial organizations, Freely
Associated State government agencies, and local and Indian tribal
governments to support coral reef conservation projects in the United
States and the Freely Associated States in the Pacific, as authorized
under the Coral Reef Conservation Act of 2000.

Applicants can submit a grant application for work covering a period of
12 or 18 months at federal funding amounts ranging from $15,000 to a
maximum of $50,000; applications must include a 1:1 match obtained from
non federal sources. Applications must fall within at least one of the
following 4 categories:
1. Fishing Impacts;
2. Land-Based Sources of Pollution;
3. Climate Change; and
4. Local Action Strategy Projects.

review, a new program manager, and recent threat abatement working group
efforts, the Coral Reef Conservation Program’s priorities are being
refined and redirected. Information about these new program directions
as well as specific goals and objectives is available on the program’s
website: http://coralreef.noaa.gov and will be updated regularly as
additional information becomes available. Consideration of these new
goals and objectives by applicants is strongly encouraged, as proposals
received by the Coral Reef Conservation Program will be evaluated as to
whether they address these specific goals and objectives and preference
in funding determinations will be given to those proposals that clearly
meet the stated goals and objectives outlined in the documents.

**** *All applicants must provide evidence of support for the project by
appropriate representatives of States or other government jurisdictions
in which the project will be conducted.
We encourage all potential applicants to thoroughly read the entire
funding announcement as aspects of the program have changed. The full
funding announcement and federal forms can be found at www.grants.gov
<http://www.grants.gov> using the Funding Opportunity Number:
NOAA-NMFS-HCPO-2010-2001951. Applications should be submitted via
www.grants.gov and must be received by grants.gov no later than 5:00 PM
EST on November 2, 2009. If www.grants.gov <http://www.grants.gov/>
cannot be reasonably used, applications can be sent by mail, but they
must postmarked by November 2, 2009, and they must include original
copies of the signed and dated federal forms. Send to: Jennifer Koss,
NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program, NOAA Fisheries, Office of Habitat
Conservation (F/HC), 1315 East West Highway, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
ATTN: GCRCGP Project Applications.

If you need further information please contact me
(Jennifer.koss at noaa.gov) or Liz.fairey at noaa.gov.

--
Jennifer Koss
NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program
NMFS/OHC/Habitat Protection - 14th Floor
1315 East-West Highway
Silver Spring, MD 20910
301-713-4300 ext. 165