[Coral-List] Coral reef time-lapse photo project

david arnold northwester at comcast.net
Mon Oct 26 10:49:29 EDT 2009

Greetings from Boston, USA. I have created a non-profit global climate
photo exhibit that exploits then-and-now glacier comparisons. For
early benchmarks I used the extraordinary aerial photographs of
Bradford Washburn (huge, crispy negatives), then I returned to the
same altitudes to re-shoot the pictures with black and white large
format film. See www.doublexposure.net.
	I would like to expand the project to reefs (for a great example,
google Phil Dustan and the Carysfort Reef). I need high quality reef
landscape photos in color that can be significantly enlarged. The
negatives should be old enough to reflect the coral world as it was.
Obviously I need to be able to find the sites and replicate angles,
which will be no easy task. Not a scientist, I am aware that coral
degradation is more complicated than ice.  No one intends to make any
money here; the message is my mission. Please send any suggestions to
me, David Arnold, at northwester at comcast.net