[Coral-List] Strobes blind seahorses?

David M. Lawrence dave at fuzzo.com
Tue Apr 6 12:58:46 EDT 2010

The difference is likely a measure of controversy, not importance.  Who
here would argue that a ship grounding on any reef, much less one as
important as the Great Barrier Reef, is a good thing?

Dave

On 4/5/2010 10:43 PM, Tupper, Mark (WorldFish) wrote:
> Dear Mel,
>
> I completely agree that this sort of public outreach, i.e. answering questions that the public is likely to ask, is on-topic for Coral-L. However, I can't help wondering why there are currently 10 posts on blind seahorses for every post about the recent ship grounding on the GBR, which seems to me a much more serious and immediate problem worth discussing on this listserv...
>
> Best,
> Mark
>

> Dr. Mark H. Tupper
> Scientist - Coral Reefs and Reef Fisheries
> The WorldFish Center
> Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines

  David M. Lawrence        | Home:  (804) 559-9786
  7471 Brook Way Court     | Fax:   (804) 559-9787
  Mechanicsville, VA 23111 | Email: dave at fuzzo.com
  USA                      | http:  http://fuzzo.com

"All drains lead to the ocean."  -- Gill, Finding Nemo

"We have met the enemy and he is us."  -- Pogo

"No trespassing
  4/17 of a haiku"  --  Richard Brautigan