[Coral-List] Strobes blind seahorses?

Bill Allison allison.billiam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 10:15:24 EDT 2010

It seems to be getting good media coverage and only those few who are on the
spot are in a position to cast additional light on it. Given the low traffic
on the server its not as though sea-horses crowded it out (with apologies to
Jim who has to consider all posts and must feel like he is supervising a
grade school recess at times).

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 12:58 PM, David M. Lawrence <dave at fuzzo.com> wrote:

> The difference is likely a measure of controversy, not importance.  Who
> here would argue that a ship grounding on any reef, much less one as
> important as the Great Barrier Reef, is a good thing?
>
> Dave
>
> On 4/5/2010 10:43 PM, Tupper, Mark (WorldFish) wrote:
> > Dear Mel,
> >
> > I completely agree that this sort of public outreach, i.e. answering
> questions that the public is likely to ask, is on-topic for Coral-L.
> However, I can't help wondering why there are currently 10 posts on blind
> seahorses for every post about the recent ship grounding on the GBR, which
> seems to me a much more serious and immediate problem worth discussing on
> this listserv...
> >
> > Best,
> > Mark
> >

> > Dr. Mark H. Tupper
> > Scientist - Coral Reefs and Reef Fisheries
> > The WorldFish Center
> > Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines
> >

> --
>   David M. Lawrence        | Home:  (804) 559-9786
>  7471 Brook Way Court     | Fax:   (804) 559-9787
>  Mechanicsville, VA 23111 | Email: dave at fuzzo.com
>  USA                      | http:  http://fuzzo.com
>
> "All drains lead to the ocean."  -- Gill, Finding Nemo
>
> "We have met the enemy and he is us."  -- Pogo
>
> "No trespassing
>  4/17 of a haiku"  --  Richard Brautigan

Reality, as usual, beats fiction out of sight.
Conrad, 1915