[Coral-List] Re Strobes blind seahorses?

Melbourne Briscoe Mel at briscoe.com
Sat Apr 10 17:17:02 EDT 2010

Lucy: can you describe your "field observations I have made" that cause you
to suggest 3 is OK? And do you mean 3 during the animal's lifetime, or 3 per
day, or per dive, or what? I'd like to distinguish between gut feelings of
knowledgeable scientists, based on a precautionary principle, and facts
based on actual observations....something less than a peer-reviewed study,
but more than a SWAG. Thanks.

- Mel