[Coral-List] Call for Cruise/ Marine Tourism Impacts Specialist - Komodo National Park, Indonesia
andrewharvey at xsmail.com
Wed Apr 21 23:50:39 EDT 2010
PT Putri Naga Komodo (PNK) invites expressions of interest from experienced professionals to provide an initial assessment, guidance and recommendations on environmental impacts associated with cruise and marine tourism in Komodo National Park (KNP).
PNK is a not-for-profit company established by The Nature Conservancy and the Global Environment Facility. PNK's mission includes achieving financial sustainability for KNP via tourism revenues and supporting park management by the Komodo National Park Authority.
Specific requirements of this assessment include:
- Description of the current status of cruise tourism in KNP;
- Brief review of global cruise tourism, impacts, management and lessons learned;
- Description of the current status of marine tourism in KNP;
- Brief review of global marine tourism, impacts, management and lessons learned;
- Identification of affected stakeholders;
- Review of baseline environmental data availability and needs;
- Review of legislative and regulatory considerations;
- Determination of potential onshore and offshore cruise tourism impacts;
- Determination of potential offshore marine tourism impacts;
- Guidance and recommendations to minimise negative impacts;
- Review of institutional capacity and needs to implement guidance and recommendations;
- Monitoring plan to assess implementation of mitigation measures.
Full details and terms of reference are available from http://www.docstoc.com/docs/35294748/TOR_Marine-Tourism-Impacts-Consultant..
Interested parties should submit a CV or company profile, including evidence of relevant experience and track record, to
PT Putri Naga Komodo
Jl Pengembak No 3, Sanur, Bali 80228, Indonesia
andrew at putrinagakomodo.com
Jalan Pengembak No. 3, Sanur, Bali 80228, Indonesia
T: +62-361-747-4398 | F : +62-361-286-445 | M : +62-811-380-2560
andrew at putrinagakomodo.com | gokomodo.org | komodonationalpark.org
More information about the Coral-List