[Coral-List] NY Times: Oil in Gulf Poses Only Slight Risk, New US Report Says

David M. Lawrence dave at fuzzo.com
Thu Aug 5 11:12:12 EDT 2010

Ted,

Milton's question was legitimate.  I'm a scientist as well as a
journalist, and I wonder where the numbers come from -- what data is it
based on, what assumptions, estimates, and models are used, how it
ground-truthed anything derived from models and remote sensing, etc.
These are all very legitimate scientific questions, and asking them is a
legitimate aspect of science.

Dave