[Coral-List] need paper

David M. Lawrence dave at fuzzo.com
Sun Aug 15 19:01:39 EDT 2010

  Not all journals have "Web sites" worthy of the term, and quite a few
published by mainstream publishers charge more than $30 per article.
Given that the article requested is 22 years old, the author(s) might
not be easy to find.  (They could be fly fishing in Montana with no
phone and no Internet by now.)

I don't have a problem with the information presented in this response
-- as suggestions they are good ones -- but it strikes me as rather
patronizing to assume that the person did not take some or all of these
steps before putting the request out on the list.

I have to say, if the choice is between asking us if we had a copy of
the article or shelling out $30 for it, I'd ask the list -- but I
wouldn't bore the rest of you with a history of my search efforts before
making the request.

Just sayin'...

Dave