[Coral-List] Postdoc position available

Amy Baco-Taylor abacotaylor at fsu.edu
Wed Aug 18 17:21:18 EDT 2010

  Hi All,

I have an opening in my lab for a combination postdoc/lab tech position
to work on genetics of deep-sea corals.  The position could begin as
early as Sept 1 and goes through May 6 with the possibility of a second
full year.  Candidates must have already completed their PhD.

Required experience:
DNA/RNA extraction, PCR and sequencing
Fluency in phylogenetics and/or population genetics software
Excellent writing skills
Willingness to help train graduate and undergrad students in basic lab
methods
Willingness to participate in field work (including travel of lengths as
long 4 weeks or more)
Excellent data management skills

Preferred Experience:
Experience with octocorals and/or deep-sea corals
Experience with bioinformatics

If interested, please send a CV, 1 page describing research experience,
and names of 3 refs.

Thank you for forwarding to interested parties,
Amy

--

Amy Baco-Taylor, PhD
EOAS/Oceanography