[Coral-List] Rocky littoral

Angélica Batista baaatichica at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 09:42:04 EST 2010

Hello everyone,

I need some help with information about rocky littoral ecosystem. There are a
lot of literature on zonation (supra, meso and below) of rocky littoral. Some
studies mention that the type of soil, slope and location (leeward / windward)
have influence on the community that develops there. Although, may be I have not
looked enough... At the time, I have done indirect approaches basing on studies
of coastal geomorphology. I did not find any jobs that specifically classify the
different types of rocky littoral as a function of its substrate, rock type,
location and slope... i.e. a classification of rocky shores as an ecosystem,
according to the geomorphology. Does exist a clasification of rocky littoral?
Can you suggest me some papers about this theme?

I will be very grateful. Merry Christmas to all,

Angelica

Angelica Ma. Batista-Morales
Investigador
Línea Organización y Dinámica de Ecosistemas
Programa Biodiversidad de Ecosistemas Marinos
Instituto de Investigaciones Marinas y Costeras
INVEMAR
Direción: Cerro Punta Betín, Santa Marta D.T.C.H.
Colombia
Tel. (+57) (+5) 4328600 Ext. 281
angelica_batista at invemar.org.co
www.invemar.org.co