[Coral-List] Post-doc opportunity at the University of Richmond

Hill, Malcolm mhill2 at richmond.edu
Thu Dec 16 12:55:43 EST 2010

A postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Richmond is available for individuals from groups underrepresented in the sciences. The post-doc would interact and collaborate directly with PIs April and Malcolm Hill who are committed to providing strong mentorship in all respects of the post-doc’s professional development. Interested parties should contact Malcolm Hill (mhill2 at richmond.edu). For more information about the University of Richmond Biology Department please see http://biology.richmond.edu/. We are interested in recruiting a recent PhD who will increase diversity on our campus and who will contribute to a NSF-funded project on molecular systematics of the Porifera. This position would be particularly attractive to someone considering a job at a primarily undergraduate institution that has strong research expectations. Approximately 75% effort would be directed toward research as part of a multi-investigator Tree of Life project, but meaningful teaching experiences would also be acquired at a top tier national liberal arts college.  Individuals with skills in molecular systematics/phylogenetics and/or bioinformatics are particularly encouraged to apply.
Thanks,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Hill, Ph.D.