[Coral-List] Rocky littoral

Angélica Batista baaatichica at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 13:10:44 EST 2010

Hi Sira,

Some member of coral-list were very kindness to suggest me the following
searches:

By Professor Daphne Fautin:

Life Between Tidemarks on Rocky Shores, published in 1972.
It was written by T. A. and Anne Stephenson, and published by W. H.
Freeman and Company.

By professor Megan Deither:

Here are some of the classification systems:

CMECS (google it)

Shorezone: http://alaskafisheries.noaa.gov/habitat/shorezone/szintro.htm

The           European systems:

http://eunis.eea.europa.eu/habitats.jsp)

and the compatible Joint Nature Conservation Committee       classification
(JNCC; http://www.jncc.gov.uk/page-1584)

And here is one published paper that links to the organisms:

Schoch, G.C. and M.N.         Dethier. 1996. Scaling up: the         statistical
linkage between organismal abundance and         geomorphology on rocky
intertidal shorelines.  J. exp. mar.         Biol. Ecol. 201:37-72.

By professor Lina Barrios, see attached files

If you are looking information about it, i'll be grateful if you share your
findings.

Cheers,

Angelica

Angelica Ma. Batista-Morales
Investigador
Línea Organización y Dinámica de Ecosistemas
Programa Biodiversidad de Ecosistemas Marinos
Instituto de Investigaciones Marinas y Costeras
INVEMAR
Direción: Cerro Punta Betín, Santa Marta D.T.C.H.
Colombia
Tel. (+57) (+5) 4328600 Ext. 281
angelica_batista at invemar.org.co
www.invemar.org.co