[Coral-List] Should we do branching Acropora transplant?

suwan Pi suwanpita at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 14 21:59:42 EST 2010

Dear Fellows,

I have been work as a scientist in National Park Bureau in Thailand.

We do responsible for many marine national parks such as Samed, Koh Chang, Similan, PP.

Now there is an issue about promoting branching acropora transplant.

The technique may differ range from concreat brick to PVC pipe base.

My question is : Should we do this  transplat widely?

Is it good for coral ecosystem in term of competition and so on?

Is it continue growing like that or cost effective in the long run?

I appreciate your comment or offer me a good source to study.

Your comment may contribute to better coral management in Thailand.

Thank you,

Suwan