[Coral-List] Coral Reef Curmudgeons Unite!

Julian @ Reefcheck Malaysia julian at reefcheck.org.my
Tue Feb 23 05:11:38 EST 2010

Me!! We are constantly having to tell people that artificial reefs like reef
ball don't solve the actual problem. They (AR) seem to be pretty widely
"accepted" as the simple approach to fixing the problem.

Instead we are concentrating on the good old "education" - working with
school kids on marine park islands, and "community" - trying to get the
local populations to understand how important reefs are to the future of
their community. Sounds a bit obvious, I know - but these messages are just
not getting through.

Julian Hyde
General Manager
Reef Check Malaysia Bhd